Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Season's Greetings & Our Christmas Wish To You
divider bar
May the Love, Peace, and Joy of Christmas be yours always.

Love came down on Christmas Day so many years ago and
brought the greatest happiness the world would ever know...

Peace came down on Christmas Day to fill the hearts of men
with all the sweet tranquility each Christmas brings again...

Joy came down on Christmas Day as angels came to earth
heralding the miracle of our Messiah's birth.

divider bar
A Christmas Prayer

Loving Father, help us remember the birth of Jesus,
that we may share in the song of the angels, the gladness
of the shepherds, and the worship of the wise men.
Let kindness come with every gift, and good
desires with every greeting. Deliver us from evil
by the blessings which Christ brings, and teach
us to be merry with clear hearts. Amen

Robert Louis Stevenson

divider bar
Christmas Traditions & Symbols

What may surprise some Americans is that our images of an old-fashioned Christmas celebration stem from Victorian era Christmas seasons in England. Several of the most prominent Yuletide symbols in America today are direct descendants of English sources.

The most widely recognized of these symbols is the Christmas tree, with its decorations, lights, and ornaments. Its popularity is a product of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. They brought popular, high-profile celebrations to real life Christmases in England. The Christmas tree became the pride of Windsor Castle on Christmas Day. Another holiday favorite is from England’s Victorian era is Charles Dickens’ Christmas Carol. This story, published in 1843, contains everything we associate with an old-fashioned Christmas.

Another uniquely Victorian Christmas tradition has become a giant industry worldwide. The Christmas greeting card became very popular during Victoria’s reign. Printed holiday greetings with sentiments of the season were exchanged between close friends and acquaintances. Colorful illustrations of English holiday scenes accompanied each message. Along with Victoria and Albert’s tree and lavish trimmings, and Dickens’ timeless story, the greeting card also remains a Christmas staple in today’s modern society.

divider bar


Christmas ain't the same...
(Oh, girl)
Christmas ain't the same without you...
Waiting for the day I see you again


It's Christmas night
I'm by the fireside
Wishing that you and I
Could share our love one last time
And baby, I need you near me
Right here with me for eternity (oh oh)


Exchaning gifts of warmth and tenderness
Holding you close is my Christmas wish!


Chorus:
Christmas ain't the same without you
It just doesn't feel like it used to
Waiting for the day I'll see you again ('til I see you)
I hold my breath and pray to the stars for you 'til then


Baby I, made some mistakes that I
Really regret inside (why can't we get one last chance?)
Aww... I loved you girl
With all of my heart!
Right from the start
Thought we'd never part (oh no)


Remembering your touch and your eternal bliss
That is my only Christmas wish!


Chorus (2x)


(Oh no no no)
I hold my breath and pray to the stars for you 'til then
(Oh no!)
Christmas ain't the same without you...
The same...


Chorus (2x)



0 kicks: